For students & professionals interested in certification, here’s a short list of certifications by “level”. Please feel free to drop us a note and add to this list!
- “CompTIA Security+ Certification – It focuses on managing system and network security from a vendor-neutral perspective.
- Security Fundamentals (MTA) – It prepares for Microsoft Technology Associate Exam 98-367, and build an understanding on Security Layers, Operating System Security, Network Security, and Security Software.”
- “CompTIA Cybersecurity Analyst (CySA+) Certification – CompTIA Cybersecurity Analyst (CySA+) is an international, vendor-neutral IT professional certification that applies behavioral analytics to improve the overall state of IT security.
- CEH Certification – It focuses on using the same techniques and methods as a hacker, but in a lawful and legitimate manner to protect & defend organizations from hackers.
- CAP Certification – Developed by (ISC)2, it is a validation of expertise in authorizing and maintaining information systems.
- Cybersecurity Nexus (CSX) program – The 3 level course covers Identification & Protection, Detection and Respond & Recover and is mapped to NIST & NICE security frameworks.”
- “CISSP Certification – Provided by (ISC)2, describes knowledge and skills to design, develop and administer overall organizational security posture.
- CISM Certification – Designed for information security managers by ISACA. It focuses on advanced information security management.
- CISA Certification – Provided by (ISACA), it describes the expertise of IT auditors, consultants, audit managers, and assurance and security professionals.”